Saturday 6 June, 2009

So Much For The List...

After starting the holidays with an ambitious list of things to do, I did none of those things in the list...except sleeping. But I didn't have to watch a Vijay movie to sleep, that would have been dreadful. I've been getting hate mail from people who have tried that. They're complaining that they've had epileptic seizures after watching 10 minutes of his movies. Those who did see the whole movie have stopped believing that Newton's law of Gravitation exists. I sincerely apologise for suggesting that method.

The movie that I did see was called The International. It stars Clive Owen as an Interpol officer and Naomi Watts as a New York District attorney. Its about these two people teaming up to bring down a bank that makes money in illegitimate ways. The film may have appealed to those people who had accounts in Lehmann Brothers or some other bank which crashed and burned in economic recession. Its aimed to be an intelligent thriller but I saw only intelligence but no thrill. The film could have been better if not for its dragging pace.

Besides watching the movie I didn't do anything else that was interesting. I had hopes for getting a part time job in a nearby computer centre(for those who didn't know, I am a certified C programmer and an uncertified expert in AutoCAD). It started like this. I wake up in the first day of the vacation, have a cup of tea in the bed, take a bath, remember that I still haven't brushed my teeth, brushed my teeth and went to eat. As I started with the dosas, My mom told me to write a resume. I ask why. She says that I have to take it to a computer centre. I ask the same question again. She says that I had "an interview" in the nearby computer centre. I ask the same question the third time. She reminds me of the last vacation in which I so splendidly and effectively spent doing nothing and she didn't want that to happen again(she may have read the list, but I couldn't know for sure). So I reluctantly accepted to go and wrote a resume that could have been the most horrible thing written on a paper(except if you write the word "horrible" on a paper). I didn't have anything to write on my resume(except my certified and uncertified expertise mentioned above). And on the eggman went to the interview.

To call it an interview will be like calling a Maruti 800 a Ferrari. The stompy lady on the desk told me that I had a good chance of getting to teach during the evenings. You have no idea how elated I would've been. I was bound to have 3000 per month. I was told I would get a phone call to confirm it. I went to home smiling. Mom, I aced the interview ;)

But the call never came and the next day I checked with them someone had already been hired for the position that I applied for and the stompy lady didn't know that. So much for 3000 rupees. Then the International followed. And that's how the eggman's hopes of getting a job crashed and burned(damn I like this expression).

But I recovered from the failure. I said to myself "You have a destiny. Maybe you aren't supposed to get a job. It wasn't an accident that you typed that list. Maybe God(yeah, the infamous, notorious and pretty much non-existent God) handed it to you. Like the Ten Commandments He handed to Moses". Now I had a mission. I will watch Vijay movie. I will cook something... hopefully edible. And I will do all those things I wrote about in my previous post that I don't remember much now. But I will do those things and fulfill my destiny. I will keep you updated on how I go about it.
For now, I'll leave you.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. acho, i thot i wuld ask for a treat for dat 3000 rs job :(
    nyways you atleast took sometym to apply urself for a job..
    GD Luck :)

    ReplyDelete