Monday 2 July, 2012

Stone Pillow and Feather Pillow

Stone pillows and feather pillows.

Those are the two types of pillows in my opinion.

There were two types of pillows in my home back in India. One was full of cotton it is rather hard. It is good for people who have a bad back or neck because it eases the pain. I don't like that type of pillow because it was too hard for me. Hence I called it stone pillow.

The second type of pillow, the feather pillow, surprisingly doesn't have any feathers inside it. It is actually full of a material called "Recron", which is widely used nowadays to make soft cushions, mattresses and pillows. It is soft, flexible and feels good against your head. Hence I named it feather pillow.

Now why am I talking in detail about pillows? Since coming to Singapore, I miss my feather pillow. What they sell in Singapore is usually 100% cotton pillow. This pillow is also pretty comfortable, until it gets a little old. Then, the pillow caves in, particularly at the place where you put your head and the cotton inside also gets thin and unyeilding, making it pretty unconfortable. And as a result, I wasn't able to sleep for a long time yesterday. In fact, I slept only two hours after yesterday turned into today.

***

Singapore is a little lame. Today I checked the IMAX movie bookings for The Dark Knight Rises. Surprisingly, even the evening show tickets were still available. And only few of the morning and afternoon show tickets have been booked. It's a shame. In Australia, fans crashed the booking site minutes after opening the bookings.

***

You might have noticed (if you have even read my blog) that my writing is rather lame. I'm not talking about my grammer or anything, I'm talking about stuff I write about. It's about pillows and movies and stuff. I'm not trying to change the world with my blog but I should atleast be able write about something that matters. In India, the politics scene was pretty interesting and it was a perpetual source for something to write about. Moving to Singapore, where politics is practically non-existent, there is nothing really to talk about. People of Singapore may disagree, but really, if you want real politics, come to India.

***
From this week, I'll be starting a new section called Song of The Week. Or something like. There maybe two or three songs. Or there maybe no song at all. Or maybe no post at all. Just listen. I really like this song.

This song, called Breath of Life, was the high point of enduring Snow White and The Huntsman. This song is played during the credits and it introduced me to the deep and strong voice of Florence + The Machine, whatever she/he/they/it maybe. Enjoy the song.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment