Thursday 2 July, 2009

Eggman Goes to College

And I'm eggman. Hereafter I'll call myself by that name, so don't get confused.

Vacation was over and after that interview debacle there was this college debacle that i couldn't avoid...for 2 yrs and this is the third year.

I've always had a twisted view of college. And I was not to blame. It was Tamil cinema. They always showed students having fun. There wasn't a single scene depicting the amount of studying involved. And even studying is not my problem. Its the rules. None of the movie guys wore formals. Most of them had pony tails, french beards and piercings. And that created a lasting impression of how college life will be.

Let me tell you a story from my life. Or rather a page from m life story. Back in the day when we wore school uniform and started growing a rudimentary moustache, i.e. the high school days(or rather "daze"), there was more testosterone flowing in our blood than the amount of water our government(TN) gets from Karnataka. As a result most of my classmates (including me) and a few friends were trying to get a girlfriend(bottom line of the matter was that no one was successful but that was a different issue). After an unpleasant experience I reached a conclusion that my attempts at getting a girlfriend were futile(since most of the girls in my school placed themselves above Aishwarya Rai and thought that they were too good for us even though the fish vendor in my street looks better than them), and even if i did manage to get a girlfriend, school was just too early to make a commitment. So I gave up the womanhunt. One of my friends was really disappointed with my decision(he wasn't a quitter, unlike me) and asked me what better place was there to get a girlfriend than the school. Can you guess what my answer was?

"College".

At the end of high school, I guess I maintained my "average" performance which was not going to get me into a good college. Luckily my father came to my rescue with a case full of money. I was going to be an engineer. And where was i going to graduate from?

V for Velammal.

Touted to be one of the best colleges in the city, rumoured to be worse than school. But with my marks I didn't have much of a choice. Something was better than nothing. I didn't know what to expect since most of the guys who made out of the college did so well in their career but they never said a nice thing about the college. In the first week somethings were very clear to me. I've listed them out(it has become a habit since the first list).

1. No, I'm not going to get a girlfriend here.
2. No, I won't have a beard that I longed to have.
3. No, I wasn't going to bunk classes which seemed so easy in the movies.
4. No, I will not have that sense of freedom that school offered so generously.
5. No, wearing an ID card around your neck with a rope is not so cool(feels like a noose).
6. No, my love life is going to be an insignificant footnote in my college life.

and many other conclusions which have too many obscenities that I won't list for the fear of my blog getting flagged. But the whole thing was pretty much fucked up. My master plan for getting a girlfriend crashed and burned. And eggman continues his journey through the land of the barren.

Adventures of eggman will continue. Next time I'll introduce my lecturers and professors to you.
Post how our college life turned out in comments.

Ciao.





3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha..
    i kno all dese stuff...
    i kno more...
    all d best..
    bcom a damn gud mech enggr...(aftrall vec s not 2 bad...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember any tamil movie ever depicting ENGINEERING college students having fun (If at all they show engg. colleges that is).

    P.S- I've read your blog like a 100 times (OK I'm hyping). Consider a visit to my humble blog at least once.

    P.S.S - I like BunMan better than Egg Man.

    P.P.S.S - My blog is boring like me, but visit just once. At least for the sake of this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @lordoftherealm

    thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. its a nice feeling when u know pppl are reading ur blog. it helps us write better.

    as for visiting ur blog i've found urs intriguing. and i do read it, but just didnt feel like commenting.

    ReplyDelete