Friday 4 May, 2012

Sabbatical

You do know that this is only a phase I am going through. I'd probably write a couple of more posts and then forget about the existence of this blog even though it stares me in my favourites toolbar of my browser every single day. I am adept in ignoring things that once used to matter to me.

Lets get this over with. It should be obvious from the title of this post and the date stamps from the last post, that it has been almost a year since I blogged last time. During this period of time I have been busy doing some actual stuff, which really didn't require me to abandon my blog but I'm gonna try to justify it anyway.

I relocated to a new country called Singapore, got myself enrolled for a masters degree in something to do with lasers (not the Star Wars kind) and diamonds (not the De Beers kind) and chips (not the Lays kind) which I miraculously finished in one year. Normal people tend to take about a year and half to two years to complete a masters degree but there is a reason for the studious-Indian/Asian-kid stereotype to exist.

Now I live in an apartment with 3 other dudes, and I was forced to have learnt to cook and clean up after myself. I had classes for 3 hours on all weekdays in the evenings only. I spend my days gaming, feeding myself and doing other unproductive things and go to classes in the evenings. That's the life of a "full time" student.

A couple of days ago I finished my last exam and I had an overwhelming feeling of finishing something extremely menial. Being a student for almost 18 years tends to do that. Now that I have successfully finished my exams I have to get myself a job. This is supposed to be the difficult part, they say, to which I say, the exams weren't any bit easier.

You probably knew all that story already since all of you who read my blog are either my friends or a sibling. Blogger makes it a point to show it to me that I have only 6 followers and I have racked up a whopping 396 page views.  So I hope you can understand that I didn't need much of motivation to stop writing.

And what motivated me to get back to writing it again?

Nothing, I was just bored.

***

Its gonna be at least 3 more months before my graduation ceremony and I plan to post as often as possible within this time frame so as to prevent any possible brain damage due to brain inactivity. If I do not, then you need not worry, It would only be because I found something much more interesting to do...which is great for me, but I don't know how it would improve your situation. Maybe you should worry. Or maybe not. I really don't care (unless I get like a thousand followers which is highly unlikely).

I'm gonna finish this post and get back to doing something until I can come up with something worth writing about. If you want me to write about something specific, be sure to leave it in your comments. And if I decide not to write about your idea, its probably because it was either too awesome or too lame for me to write about.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment